DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FILTER MEDIA
Diatomaceous earth is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that can easily be crumbled into a fine white to off white powder. It has a particle size ranging from less than 3 micrometres to more than 1 millimeter; but typically 10 to 200 micrometres. Depending on the granularity, this powder can have an abrasive feel. Similar to pumice powder, it is very light as a result of its high porosity. The typical chemical composition of oven-dried diatomaceous earth is as follows: 80 to 90% silica, with 2 to 4% alumina (attributed mostly to clay minerals) and 0.5 to 2%iron oxide.
This powder is the filtration media for pool filters. Our Diatomaceous Earth powder is of the highest quality and will provide you with outstanding filtration results that will leave your pool water sparkling clean. Diatomaceous Earth powder filters out contaminant particles as small as 3 to 5 microns for the ultimate pool cleaning – now that is clean!
- All-Natural filtering media
- Designed for use in Above ground and Inground DE filter systems
- High-Grade DE filter powder; filters down to 3-5 microns
- Consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae
- Leaves water sparkling clear, without clumping